Saturday, September 20, 2008

University of Learning to Love (Brazil Campus)

This semester at the University of Learning to Love (where Father first sent me 2 years ago) I am taking 5 classes totaling 15 hours (per day) plus homework. I'm trying to be a good steward of His money, and my Teacher's time and effort, so I hope my Father will be soooo pleased when I get Home! This semester I'm taking...

*Joy in Submission 301 (The prerequisite courses on submission were great in preparing me for this)
*Going With the Flow 101 (The location and time of this class is always changing)
*Listening Skills 201
*Don't Waste Your Singleness
*Music Theory (I keep hoping to become a song writer, so I'm doing the dirty work this semester instead of hoping the ability will just fall from the sky one day)

The best teacher I ever had was during my first semester two years ago! His name was Professor Pain. He made me study The Text so much, and was the source of many tears, but because of Him the subject matter that Father sent me to this school to learn will never depart from me.

That semester I figured out why they call Grace amazing! It had never clicked until that Sunday afternoon I was reading Romans 1-8 by my pool. Romans 6-8 brought me to life...and I wept. Perhaps I should be baptized again...not sure yet.

The reason Father sent me to the University of Love is because He tells me it is the most important thing to learn, and live out, for the rest of my life! I was having a perfectly fine time at my Elementary School of Self-Righteousness, with friends and teachers that admired my knowledge and clean-seeming life, but Father sent Prof. Pain to grab me out of there early and enroll me at UofL!

I spent a lot of time alone that first semester. I was on edge emotionally because I did not know why I had to leave the other school that I'd been at for so long and loved. At ESofSR I was taking a course that I thought was on love, but I got expelled without much explaination. Later at UofL I came to understand that I'd had to leave ESofSR because of my bully behavior toward my lab partner, an upperclassman who was dually enrolled there and at UofL. The experience was deeply transforming, and I hope Father told Him that I'm so sorry, like I asked Him to.

During my time between Elementary School and the University I had one friend who stayed home with me a lot. We studied, cooked, exercised and sang a lot together. Those are treasured memories.

The next semester I learned that God richly rewards those who obey His precepts. I was humbled by the miracles He performed in my family (physically and spiritually), and I learned how to put all my faith in Him even though I was scared to death to do so. He did not, and will never fail His beloved.

In conclusion, I would like to publically compliment my Father's wisdom and ways from the bottom of my heart. He's promised to send all of the supplies I need to make good grades here, so I look forward to what is to come.

No comments: