Monday, April 7, 2008

Song One-Liners that Say Volumes

I've been listening to some different kinds of music lately and in some of these songs there is one phrase that just jumps out and grabs me around the throat! Regardless of the actual context it's found in, I find myself thinking for days, sometimes weeks, on all that can be said with that one little line. I wonder if anyone else feels inspired to write a whole essay on one of the lines below like I do? Perhaps a comment? My deep hope is to think of, or hear, profound groupings of words, in every day life, and build songs or poems around them. I dream of being a song writer one day.

Frail grasp on the big picture. ("Frail Grasp on the Big Picture" by The Eagles)

When you think you've come to the end of her, you've just begun. ("Someday Sarah" by Dave Barnes)

The sun's gonna rise in a mile. In a mile you'll be feelin' fine. ("Sun's Gonna Rise" by Citizen Cope)

My heart is weak, my head is numb...I can not speak. But still my hope is found in You. ("Clinging to the Cross" by Tim Hughes)

I'm standing on the edge of everything I've never been before! ("On Fire" by Switchfoot")


No comments: